Ontario Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a car accident with extensive injuries, you need an Ontario car accident lawyer who can thoroughly investigate your case and file a claim for damages against the guilty party. At Armstrong Accident Attorneys, we help our clients navigate successfully through legal issues of a car accident and get compensation for their claims.
Our personal injury lawyers in Ontario have worked for hundreds of local families, helping them get justice for their car accident injuries. We never hesitate to stand against an aggressive insurance company and do everything in our power to ensure that you get the fair compensation that you deserve. If necessary, we will even take the case to trial but will not settle without getting you a fair deal.
How Are We Different
The auto accident attorneys of our law firm prove their proficiency and knowledge by helping you in the following ways:
Contingency payment structure
Winning success rate
Access to the best medical providers
Our Car Accident Lawyers Strengthen Your Case
Catastrophic auto accidents often result in serious injuries and require significant help to recover both physically and financially. At this point, hiring an attorney to be your voice is one of the wisest decisions. While filing a personal injury lawsuit on your own is always an option, it might not get you the desired outcome. On the contrary, hiring a specialized attorney can significantly raise the possibility of receiving rightful compensation.
A knowledgeable Ontario car accident attorney offers:
Knowledge of the law
No matter how much research you do, you will always lack the experience and skill of a personal injury attorney. Our attorney will promptly review your situation and offer counsel on how to proceed with your car accident case.
Negotiations for fair reimbursement
Remember that insurance companies are never on your side in personal injury cases. They will do their best to push you toward accepting a low settlement amount. However, having our experienced lawyer by your side can get you fair compensation as they will negotiate for the best settlement available.
A thorough defense
Our attorney will be your legal ally who will defend you vigorously against damages. We are dedicated to protecting your best interest, whether your case is resolved in court or through a settlement.
Consultation that won't cost you a penny
Our accident injury lawyers offer free consultations. So you can discuss your case with our car accident attorney in Ontario in your initial appointment for free. Moreover, we operate on a contingency fee basis, so you will only need to pay if we get you a fair settlement. Therefore, you can save money in the long run while awaiting compensation for time out of work, medical bills, and other costs.
Take care of all the paperwork
One of the biggest challenges to correctly filing your claim is keeping track of your paperwork, and our personal injury lawyers will do it for you. They will make sure that you make no mistakes in filing your claim.
Keep your rights protected
Our car accident attorneys are aware of the tactics insurers use that will lead you to lose your case or money. So, to protect you against such schemes, an experienced legal team will advise you on the proceedings.
Get The Compensation You Deserve
Auto insurance is required in 49 of the 50 US states, and California is one of them. The process for filing a claim and its criteria vary from state to state, and every case is based on unique factors. For instance:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
- Internal injuries
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Rib and torso injuries
- Seat Belt injuries
- Wrongful death
So the average amount will vary based on your circumstances. However, if you've sustained an injury in Ontario in a motor vehicle accident, whether it's your fault or not, you will be eligible for the standard accident benefits. This should help you cover the costs related to your lost wages and rehabilitation. You can also file a claim for your pain and suffering in some cases.
The compensation can include:
- The amount for medical and rehabilitation
- Attendant care benefits
- An income replacement benefit
- A Non-earner benefit
- Caregiver benefits
There is a general rule that if another motorist is plainly to blame for an accident and they have car insurance, your settlement can only be as much as the policy limitations of the other driver. There are a variety of criteria that go into determining the final settlement amount, but in general, it's around $21,000 in the state of California.
When it comes to determining how much money you'll get in a settlement, things like:
- The severity of your wounds
- The current and future medical treatment required to treat your injuries
- Loss of earnings or the inability to find work
- Pain and anguish
- If you were partly responsible for the accident or not
Accidents Happens – We Make Sure You Have Legal Help At Hand
Auto accident deaths in the United States total more than 38,000 every year. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Drinking and Impaired Driving
- Medical Conditions
- Faulty Vehicles
- Distracted Driving Collisions
- Speed Related Collisions
- Drivers/Passengers not Wearing Seatbelts
- Crossing a Divided Highway
- Aggressive Driving Related Crashes
- Driving Impaired by Fatigue
Common Causes of Car Accidents
The majority of traffic accidents don't essentially have to do with understanding how to drive an automobile but more with which decisions the car driver is making behind the wheel. Around 94% of road accidents are due to human error. Here are some common causes of accidents:
- Weather conditions
- Road conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Aggressive Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Running stop signs and red light
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
We Determine Liability And Get You What You're Owed
Our lawyers first determine who is at fault for the car accident. If you are guilty of causing the accident, there is no point in trying to sue the other party for your medical expenses. So, our lawyers will use their expertise to help you determine your part in causing the accident. Then, based on the percentage of fault, they will guide you about what compensations you can claim for your damages.
These elements will help you depict the defendant as a negligent driver:
- Duty – Under the circumstances, a legal duty was owed to the plaintiff by the defendant
- Breach – The defendant failed to act in the way he was supposed to and breached that legal duty
- Causation – The defendant's inaction became the cause of the plaintiff's injury
- Damages – As a result of the defendant's negligent action, the plaintiff sustained injuries, pain, or suffering
You may be able to recover some accident-related expenses from the defendant on the basis of the percentage of responsibility they hold for an accident if your state proceeds on pure comparative negligence.
We Represent Your Car Accident Injuries
Traffic crashes have become the cause of suffering to millions of people. The drivers endure injuries that can either be minor or severe. However, if the accident occurs on the highway, the damage is usually more significant as the cars are moving at a faster speed. Common injuries from such accidents include:
- Fracture of the lower limb
- Fracture of the neck and trunk
- Intracranial injuries
- Fracture of the upper limb
- Internal injuries
- Fracture of the head
- Open wounds
- Dislocation, sprains, and strains
Things to Do After You Get in a Car Accident
You can get into an accident at any time, so it is best to be prepared for it. Here are a few steps you can take, according to the California Department of Insurance, to help our lawyers build a strong case.
- Call 911 if you see somebody who appears to have been injured.
- Make a call to the local police department. Every accident site may get a police response in some locations. They may consider a few things, including the severity of the accident and its location (If the collision occurs on private property, several police departments will refuse to respond). In any case, you should make an effort to contact the authorities. For hit-and-run accidents, you should be aware of a time limit for reporting the incident to authorities.
- Driver's license numbers and personal information should be obtained from each and every driver.
- Vehicle identification numbers (VINs) and license plates should be obtained. Verify the information on the driver's license and vehicle registration by asking to see the documents.
- Passengers and witnesses can be identified by their names, residences, and phone numbers.
- Take pictures of the damage and the accident scene if you have a camera or a mobile (visual obstacles, traffic controls).
- Make sure to include the driver’s names and addresses and of the vehicle’s owner that was involved in the accident.
- It is imperative that you promptly notify your insurance provider and/or your agent.
- You must notify the DMV within 10 days if someone is hurt or if the damage to the car exceeds $750.00. Your driver's license may be suspended if you fail to notify the DMV in a timely manner.
Let Our Ontario Car Accident Lawyers Help You Today
If you or somebody you know has been in a car accident due to another driver's negligence on the roadway, connect with our attorney immediately. At Armstrong Accident Attorneys, our knowledgeable and practiced team will inspect every phase and aspect of your claim so we can get you the compensation you deserve.