Ontario Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney
Trusted Lyft & Uber Accident Attorneys in Ontario, CA
Ridesharing services have taken a huge leap forward over the last couple of years, and people are widely accepting ridesharing services such as Uber. Due to this massive spike in demand for rideshare services, organizations such as Uber and Lyft are deploying more cars on the road. Under a report drafted by the California Office of Traffic Safety, 3,606 vehicles were involved in a car accident in 2019 in California. With car accidents so prevalent and rideshare services in Ontario gaining traction, people now need to recruit the help of rideshare accident lawyers.
Armstrong Accident Attorneys offers a team of lawyers experienced in dealing with cases specific to rideshare accidents and any damages incurred by the individual due to the accident. Whether it is a personal injury or punitive damages, we work hard to recover fair and full financial compensation for you.
We have been operating in the city of Ontario, helping our clients through their Uber or Lyft accident cases for years. It is our mission to provide legal services with 100% efficiency and aim for a fair settlement and maximum output for every case we take on. Schedule your free consultation today and speak with our Ontario Lyft and Uber accident lawyer to get started.
Why Is Our Law Firm the Best Option?
We have been operating in this field for years, and our team consists of experts that are well-versed in the law pertaining to these types of cases. Our Lyft and Uber accident lawyers in Ontario have helped clients get the fair and full financial compensation they deserve. We offer the following services to our clients:
Free case evaluation
Contingency fee basis
Winning success rate
Our services are available 24/7, allowing you to seek assistance as soon as you have been in a car accident. From legal support to medical expertise, our team of lawyers works with the best medical providers to understand the extent of your injuries and damages. Our award-winning service will ensure your rights are preserved and you get the best legal representation in Ontario.
Benefits of Hiring a Rideshare Accident Attorney
A rideshare accident lawyer in Ontario can help you with the following aspects of your case:
- Investigate all the details about your accident, including details on the rideshare service you were using.
- Gather relevant information regarding your accident, including police reports, proof of damage, pictures, and witness reports.
- Build a claim with the defendant’s organization or insurance company.
- Negotiate settlement terms with the organization or insurance company ensuring that the client is not lowballed.
- File a lawsuit if the organization refuses to negotiate.
- The rideshare accident lawyer represents you in a court of law as well as every step leading up to court.
How Much Is a Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
The main objective of a rideshare accident lawyer in Ontario, CA, is to ensure that their clients get monetary compensation to cover all the expenses that they had to bear due to the accident. These costs include:
- Hospital bills and medical expenses in case of an injury
- Replacement or repair of the vehicle in the accident
- Lost wages due to the time that was taken off work
- Emotional and punitive damages
- Wrongful death
There are some instances in which a person may not know what they can claim in the case of a rideshare accident. Most people are afraid to take a large organization such as Uber and Lyft to court for any damages. Our lawyers will fight fiercely to give you your rights and the compensation you deserve due to the negligence of the rideshare service.
There is no fixed amount of a claim since it may vary based on the damages and expenses the victim has incurred. The value of every case will be different based on the severity of the accident.
What Are the Common Causes of Accidents?
With over a thousand accidents happening every year in Ontario because of rideshare vehicles, you begin to wonder why these accidents are so common. There are a number of reasons why an accident might occur with a rideshare, which can be then taken into court to gain compensation. Some of the leading reasons for car accidents include:
- Running a stop sign or a red light
- Reckless driving
- Fatigue or drowsiness
Under all the aforementioned, the driver can be taken to court and becomes liable to pay compensation. There is no way to fix an amount on this compensation as every case is different. That being said, certain cases are not caused due to human error, which can then be taken to court based on driver negligence. These causes include:
- Bad or unfavorable weather conditions
- Bad road conditions
- Vehicle defects
While these do not correlate with the driver’s ability to drive, the lawyer can deem the rideshare driver negligent and still file a lawsuit.
Determining Liability in a Lyft or Uber Accident
For a case to hold its legal standing in a court of law, the lawyer needs to determine the liability in an accident. To do so, the lawyer will have to gather evidence and identify who was at fault in the accident. This can be done with the help of police reports stating whether the driver was intoxicated or portrayed negligence while driving. There are four elements that prove negligence in driving. These are as follows:
The driver had a legal duty under the circumstances to the plaintiff.
The driver somehow breached their legal duty by failing to act or acting in a certain way.
It was the driver's actions that caused the personal injury to the victim.
The victim was injured or harmed as a result of the driver's actions.
There is an extensive list of injuries caused during car accidents involving Uber and Lyft, and each of these injuries will have a different compensation amount based on the severity. Some of these injuries include:
A car crash can injure the spinal cord and cause back injuries.
Often, the car can catch fire during a crash which can cause burns to the victim.
The force on the body against a part of the car can cause internal bleeding and other injuries.
This is a muscle ligament and tendon injury in the neck that occurs due to the jolt from the collision.
Bones are vulnerable to getting damaged during a car accident.
These injuries are only a few on a long list of injuries a person can get during a car crash. Our rideshare accident lawyers in Ontario will ensure that you get the compensation you need to pay off medical bills, among other expenses.
What to Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
A car accident can be a traumatic experience that can instill panic in the victim. If you have met an accident during your rideshare, try and remain calm and follow the following steps:
- The first thing to do is to check if you have any injuries. Your first concern should be your physical health.
- Check to see if anyone else is injured. This could be your driver, a pedestrian or another motorist.
- You need to get out of the vehicle because there is always a risk of the car catching fire.
- When you are at a safe distance from the car, you need to call the police immediately for them to preserve the evidence from the crash site.
- You will need to contact your rideshare company and inform them about the mishap as well.
- Collect information from the driver and document the scene so you have evidence.
- Once you have collected the information, you need to see a doctor for any internal injuries you may have.
- Provide the evidence to your lawyer to help them build a strong case for you.
These are generic steps that can be followed right after the accident, but this may vary based on the severity. It is important to note that after you get yourself medically cleared, you need to file a case with the lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you take to file a lawsuit, the less will be your chances of success during the claim. Our expert lawyers are available 24/7, allowing you to discuss the accident with them and prepare a case at any time of day.